Feedback is important. Ideas are important. You are important. If you have feedback, ideas or just want to send a note, here’s how to reach me:
If you’re new to town, are thinking about moving to Vermont, or want to find a place to raise your family, don’t hesitate to contact me. If you’re curious about my passionate interest in Northfield, click here.
So, back to “Who is Nate?” I am a founding member of the Northfield Community Development Network (NCDN), a non-profit created to provide coordination and communication between various local groups and committees. I’m a member of the School Improvement Team at the Northfield Middle/High School. I’m also a father/father-figure to two/four girls. It’s a little complicated, but the bottom line is, there’s a lot of love.
High School Teacher, Joann A Alexie Memorial School. August 2017 – present.
High School Teacher Apprentice, Northfield Middle-High School. June 2016 – June 2017.
Program Coordinator, NC State University, Raleigh, NC. Oct 2012 – June 2015
- Worked independently, responsible for communications and outreach, student support, annual report, presentations to the general public, grant writing and student applicant recruitment.
- Won $175,000 in grant funding for the development of online Certificate program
- Utilized outreach and communications skills to grow applicant base from 2 to 25 from 2012 to 2015
ClimSystems, LTD, Hamilton, New Zealand. Oct 2010 – Oct 2012
Associate (Based in Vermont)
- Train to expert level on company’s world-class GIS precipitation and temperature climate projection software, SimClim, using up to 26 Global Climate Models
- Present and demonstrate SimClim tools and features to potential customers
Vermont Teacher Apprenticeship Program, Champlain College
Climate Change Scholar, New York Executive Clean Energy Leadership (NY-EXCEL) Program
Administered by Skidmore College. Funded by NYSERDA
BA, English Literature (May 2000)
University of Vermont
SPECIALIZED COMPUTER SKILLS
- Climate Science Technical Analysis and Planning Software (SimCLIM)
- Geographical Information Systems (ArcGIS)
- Solar Electric Power Association (SEPA)
- Association for Demand Response (ADR)