Just a short post to help spread the word that my school in Atmautlak, AK, needs a Grade 4-5 teacher. Please share widely in your network and help spread the word about this great opportunity!
Here’s the skinny:
- $52,000 starting salary for teachers with a BA and 0 years experience. Pretty good, eh?
- $3,000 signing bonus for a 2-year commitment. $1,000 bonus for a 1-year commitment.
- 100% cost of rent is tax deductible. Rent is deducted from your paycheck.
- Up to $12,000 in loan forgiveness after 5 years
- 3-year Principal Endorsement Program if you want to pursue an Admin position.
- Small classes. K-12 enrollment is ~150.
- Excellent stepping stone if you want to pursue International Teaching or LKSD Administration.
Anyone interested can contact me or LKSD.org to learn more!
This has been a challenging year for new teachers in Vermont to land a job. Positions are fewer and competition is high. Atmautlak’s recent loss of an elementary teacher can be a your opportunity!
And, wow, a $52,000 starting pay with a $3,000 bonus — that must put a ring in somebody’s ears! Excellent salary schedule for those with more experience!