NCDN has been super-busy with a lot of behind-the-scenes work since our January 19th meeting one year ago. Meetings, phone calls, reports, registrations, more meetings — you know, all the stuff required to create an organization, build partnerships and get buy-in from our community. So now it’s time to meet again.
So Save the Date! The next NCDN public meeting will be January 20th at the Brown Public Library Community Room. To help you remember, just click the Add to Calendar link below:
Here’s what you can expect to hear!
- NCDN accomplishments in 2016. Not surprisingly, economic development work involves meetings, phone calls, emails and site visits. You may recall the Night on the Common we coordinated in July. Or you may have participated in our “New Look for Northfield” survey. But our work has been much more extensive than these two activities. We’ll take a few minutes to let you know what we’ve been up to.
- What’s next! NCDN has defined our goals and vision. We’ve crafted specific strategies to achieve concrete objectives. And we’ve written it all down in the NCDN Executive Summary. You’ll get a copy of this important document at the January 20th meeting. We’d also like to hear your ideas and feedback in the days following the meeting. Special thanks to Ro Pelletier for providing a draft review back in June!
- A whole lot of Thank Yous!
- And the question, What do you want to do?
NCDN has helped set the table. Now it’s time to apply for grants and implement strategies. We’ll give you a run-down on project areas. Is there a specific project you want to help tackle? Do you have time or expertise you’d like to contribute? If you can’t participate, do you have some bucks to throw into the kitty? Economic development requires coordinated, behind-the-scenes commitment. Northfield needs Tiger Teams to roll up the sleeves and get down to work.
Who do we need? Everyone. This is just a short list.
- Benefactors. Northfield needs to demonstrate financial commitment as we seek corporate and institutional donors. We also need to raise funds for a matching grant application by February 15th.
- Real Estate Agents. There’s a new demographic of homebuyers in Northfield. Let’s talk!
- Local Business Owners. Define your needs. Are you interested in tax incentives? Foot traffic? Marketing? What’s on your short-term and long-term wish-list?
- Mountain Bikers. You’re part of a huge growth opportunity.
- Grant writers. You know how much you’re needed.
- Are you connected to Developers? We need you to tap into your networks and help close deals on new construction projects.
- How about Website Developers? Northfield needs a vibrant, interactive, content-driven site.
- Photographers. We need a portfolio of images to highlight Northfield’s beauty and vitality.
- Policy Wonks. You know who you are. Northfield desperately needs your expertise. We need a sophisticated, innovative local government and committees. We need people who can match local planning with state and federal programs.
So save the date and attend the meeting January 20th! In the meantime, think about how you can contribute to economic development. Share your expertise! Write a check! Spread the word! Get involved!
And as always, thanks for your help!